Thursday, July 3, 2008

A TRUE LIFE STORY

I started writing when I was very tender and have not had much of formal education. It was my eleventh birthday and I wanted to surprise my family and friends with a short story of my past and what I would love to be in the future. After locking myself up in my brothers room; where I believed would create a beautiful environment for concentration and inspiration, I came out with a little piece I called my foundation story.

As my cousin stood up to read it in the midst of eleven people, all eyes were on me and I started sweating on my palms even as the quietness of the room marveled me. As he finished, there were echos of laughter and my spirit was filled with joy. Suddenly, my brother summoned quietness and asked me if I knew why they were laughing. I simply answered with certainty “because my story is interesting”. He discarded my answer saying that I wrote grammatical blunders. For me, I was not discouraged, I vowed to be a writer hence my first story made eleven people to laugh out of control. I did not care why they were laughing, all I knew was that I entertained my eleven quests on my birthday with my story.

No comments: